Sunday, March 20, 2011

so serious...

I wanted to share some more serious quotes that are applicable to my views.  I'm sure I'll post plenty of not so serious ones later...



"There are those who are appalled that I'm so vocal about injustice, yet I am equally appalled by their silence." -Lujene Clark

"Children are the messages we will send to a time we'll never see."  -Neil Postman

"Speak the truth even if your voice shakes."

"Every person is "in my face" for a reason, and there's a lesson to be learned, if not now, later." -Karen Casey

"A child only educated at school is an uneducated child."  -George Santayana

"Be the change you want to see in the world."  -Ghandi

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians." -Linda McCartney

"Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure."  -Robert LeFevre

on vaccinations:  i am not a sheep and baaaaa is not in my vocabulary.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."  -Albert Einstein

"My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard."  -David Allen

*do good when no one is watching *

"Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere."  -Mary Schmich

"Everytime you smile at someone it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing." -Mother Teressa

"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier." -Mother Teresa

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."  -Mother Teresa

"Have you learned the lessons only of those who admired you, and were tender with you, and stood aside for you? Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?" -Walt Whitman

"Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul." -Walt Whitman

"The real war will never get in the books."  -Walt Whitman

"Whatever satisfies the soul is truth."  -Walt Whitman

No comments:

Post a Comment