Monday, February 7, 2011

While eating dinner tonight with my 20 month old, I started to feel something blog-worthy.  As I watched her stuff her face full of fresh squash, beans, carrots, broccoli and grapes it put a huge smile on my face.  One of the things I repeatedly hear from other parents is that their children won't eat healthy.  A typical comment from them may be, "All my kid wants to eat is macaroni and cheese and chicken tenders".  I always chuckle at this and want to say, "You are in charge of what they're eating!  Stop giving it to them!"  However, I usually don't say anything close to that because it's a touchy topic. 

My point is, if you give kids good, healthy food from an early age, they will choose good, healthy food EVERY SINGLE TIME.  I can put cookies and veggies in front my child and she always goes for the veggies :)  Now that makes me a proud mama! 

And boy does she love her un-processed meat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment